You’ve seen all the wedding magazines and bridal websites, but you still haven’t found that theme or look you have your heart set on. Sure there are pictures that show something close to your wedding style but you want it more unique to who you are. So what is a bride to do? Might we suggest contacting a custom stationary company like Tickled Ink or Exquisite Events Invites. Why? Stationary designers can help you put your ideas in motion. They will sketch out a look that is uniquely yours and sets the tone for the entire event. From the save the date cards to the wedding invitations down to the dinner menu cards at the wedding reception, your look can come through in the details and like they say, “It’s all in the details!”
After a wonderfully productive week, we are wrapping up this week on a high note. Decatur Living featured the I DO Thank You wedding on the cover and included a four page editorial inside. It was a labor of love for the Atlanta Wedding Loft vendors and we are proud Decatur Living choose to not only feature the wedding but Amanda and Chris’s story. Click here to see the digital issue.
The number one question we get the most is “What or who is Atlanta Wedding Loft?” Because we are a newer concept to the wedding industry, we have people wondering if we are a venue or a retail store. We absolutely love sharing all the great things that we are, but sometimes that can get lengthy so we wanted to share with you a little definition of what Atlanta Wedding Loft is…..
1: A collection of distinctive wedding professionals seeking to create a place where brides and grooms can experience wedding planning in a relaxed environment.
2. A planning studio with 16 Individually owned wedding related companies that share a space to meet with brides & grooms, offer classes, provide inspiration and make wedding planning a whole lot easier….
3. Simply – your “all in one” location to find Atlanta’s best wedding vendors. Make an appointment for a cake tasting, a make up trial or to meet with one of our planners, photographers, florists and so much more…
We invite you to come see first hand why our motto is “sit back, relax and let the planning begin…”
The Atlanta Wedding Loft vendors include:
Videography: Blue Orchid Production
Event Rentals: Peachtree Tents & Events
Wedding Cake: Frosted Pumpkin
Wedding Favors and Desserts : Dreamy Gelato & Chocolates
Hair & Makeup Artist: POSH Hair & Makeup
Photo Booth: WOW Photo Booth
For those newly engaged over the holidays, January seems like a month of rushing around to lock in all the great Atlanta wedding vendors before they are taken. What if you have never hosted an event before, how do you know just where to start and who really is the best? You can search the internet or ask your recently married friends but even then, they can only give you a few names compared to the 100′s of vendors that are out there. The best and most recommended way, is to hire a wedding planner. Here are just a few key reasons why hiring a wedding planner should be the first step in your wedding planning:
1. Finding The Right Vendors: An experienced wedding planner has a plethora of knowledge about Atlanta’s wedding vendors, from wedding dresses to venues to wedding cakes, they know them all! As Amy DiLoreti from A Flawless Event suggests, ”Instead of googling for Atlanta wedding vendors, a wedding planner can provide you a list of pre-qualified vendors that will match your style and budget.” This will eliminate driving all over town interviewing multiple vendors that may not be what you were looking for. Additionally, your wedding planner can join you on the appointments to insure all your questions, concerns and desires are addressed.
2. Creating and Maintaining Your Budget: Just like any other personal service industry, prices can vary based on quality, style and demand. The same is true in the wedding industry and rates also can vary based on experience and creativity. One of our wedding planners, Daria McGregor from Circle of Love Weddings offered this helpful tip, “A wedding consultant will not only create a budget, but create a realistic budget that takes into account all the details, your preferences & special needs and not to be forgotten, the service fees. This eliminates surprises and allows for smoother planning process .”
3. Organizing The Details: The average wedding has anywhere between 8 to 20 different vendors involved which can be quite overwhelming when you already have a busy work schedule. A wedding planner will organize appointments, negotiate rates, place orders for items, outline deadlines and create a working timeline for your wedding day. On the day of the wedding, they will meet with all your wedding vendors, oversee all the setup and ensure that everything goes just as planned. Last but not least, when the wedding is complete, they will assist in making sure everything is returned to each vendor as well as make sure you didn’t leave anything behind so you can relax on your honeymoon!
I could go on and on about the importance of a wedding planner but these three key areas are where planners help you save time and peace of mind!
Happy New Year and Congratulations to all those who are newly engaged! As 2012 kicks off and your planning process begins, we wanted to share some insider tips on how to make your planning process as smooth and seamless as possible.
Over the next couple of months, I will be blogging helpful and practical tips to assist you in selecting your vendors and how to manage all the details involved in planning a wedding. As the new director here at the Atlanta Wedding Loft, I am extremely lucky to be surrounded by so many creative and professional wedding vendors who have a vast knowledge of all things wedding. I will be tapping into that knowledge to share with you ways to help you stay organized, inspired and most of all, stress free! So please keep checking back with us here on our blog as well as on our Facebook page, for your wedding planning tips.
Additionally, we are bringing back the popular series called Wine, Cheese and Wedding Planning. These events hosted at the Atlanta Wedding Loft are designed to allow you to relax in a comfortable environment with other brides and grooms much like yourself, view wedding trends and inspiration boards as well as ask questions to our panel of wedding experts. This is your chance to get to know more about each wedding vendor on a one on one basis as well as discover your own personal style for your wedding. Our next event will be held on January 19th from 7pm to 9pm. The events are free but we kindly ask you to RSVP through our event page. We hope you will be able to join us and look forward to helping you create a wedding that is uniquely you!
When it comes to starting your wedding planning, do you wonder where to begin? What vendor should you call first? Or maybe you are half way through the planning process and you realize that there is something else you need or you have more questions than answers lately. Well, we have the perfect evening for you! Come join us for an evening of Wine, Cheese and Wedding Planning! Bring your Mom, best friend, groom or bridesmaids with you for an evening of relaxation, inspiration and information. Grab a glass of wine, peruse our displays and discover everything you need to know about weddings. Our wedding experts panel will be on hand for a Q&A session that will give insider information to the hottest locations, themes, and details. Join us on January 19th and February 23rd from 7pm to 9pm. Each event will have new themes and topics of discussion so we invite you to come to both! Each event is FREE but RSVP at Eventbrite.
It’s been some time since we last blogged and quite honestly, we have had good reason for the delays. October was such a busy month for all our vendors but November was the month we were all waiting for, so we could finally put in to motion what we have all been working so hard to make happen: The I Do Thank You Wedding. I may be a little biased but it was gorgeous! Every detail showed just how much dedication and appreciation each vendor had for all that Amanda and Chris do for our country. There wasn’t a single detail that wasn’t review over and over again to insure perfection. I can go on and on but we would rather let you see it all firsthand so without further delay, The slideshow of Chris and Amanda’s wedding.
I Do Thank You Contributors:
Rehearsal Dinner Provided by Agnes Scott College